Monday, October 26, 2009

What we know for sure

Yesterday, I shared some of the major events that have taken place in my life since I last posted in May. I say some, because there are more events I still need to share!

But first, I need to tell you about the things we know for sure:

  1. We know that Daddy loved God and God loves Daddy. God loves people!

  2. We know that Daddy was human, and that as a human, he was a sinner. The bible says that all have sinned. That means we've all done things that did not please God.

  3. We know that the Bible says that when we sin, the penalty is death. Daddy had a problem. People have a problem.

  4. But because God loves people, He has a plan for us...to save us from the penalty, the punishment for our sin problem. He loved us so much that He gave His one and only Son, Jesus, to die on the cross, a criminal's death sentence, to pay the penalty for our sins! The Bible says that whoever believes in Him (Jesus) will not perish, but have eternal life in heaven.

  5. We know Daddy believed these things to be true. He believed by putting His faith in Jesus Christ. That means he knew that on his own, he wasn't good enough to save himself from the penalty for his sins. Daddy was a very good man, but he knew he wasn't good enough to get to heaven on his own. He believed in Jesus, believed that Jesus died to save him, believed that Jesus Christ was buried, and that He rose up from the grave. We know Daddy is in Heaven because he was saved. Not because of anything he did, but because of what God did.

  6. And even more joyous is this: My mama, my brother and his wife and children, my husband and I have all believed this! We will be reunited in heaven. And in the meantime, it does my heart good to picture my sweet daddy singing praises to God!

My family knows those things for sure, and it is cause for great rejoicing. Yes, we grieve, because we miss Daddy. But we wouldn't bring him back here for anything!

Do you know for sure that you are going to be with God in heaven when you die?

If not, please click here or here. And drop me an email. It would be my honor to pray for and with you!



2 comments:

Lisa said...

What a beautifully written post with a great message Tamara! How comforting to know we will all be reunited in Heaven!

Tamara said...

Thank you, Lisa! How's your dad doing?