Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Monday, August 25, 2008
Here's the line-up:
These two jars contain identical faux flora:
While this one holds a lovely plastic orchid.
It's a temporary fix...got me through the summer! They'll soon be holding pumpkins or gourds or something equally and delightfully ::::sigh:::: falllish!
I have called this post the appetizer, because it contains only the light stuff. I'll put the heavy stuff in the next post. Here are some terrible photos of some of the highlights from Living Proof Live.
1. These signs marked the reserved seats for the Siesta Bloggers (Bloggers who read/comment on the LPM blog).
2. Some of the Siesta Bloggers:
3. Here we go! I'm so excited!
4. An A.MAZ.ING. time of worship, lead by Travis Cottrell and the praise team. May I just say that I've been shackled to "Shackles" since Friday night? Thanks a lot, FryDaddy. :) Great song, though. But seriously, In Christ Alone, 2000 Years Ago, Before the Throne of God Above, and so many more humbled me and moved me into the presence of the Living God. Astounding.
5. And then it was Beth's turn. And let me just tell you that her hair is the thing that legends are made of. WOW. And she was wearing this long-sleeved buttoned-up jacket the whole time, and I kept thinking, "This is San Antonio. In August. I'd be sweating as soon as I stepped on the stage. How does she manage to look so cool?" We heard later that her clothes are drenched by the time she walks off the stage, but I'm telling you, she looked fresh and cool...must have been a work of the Holy Spirit! He does what we're not able to do, Amen? Anyway, this is an awful picture, but of the 10 or so I took, it's the only one that doesn't look like she has 3 heads or other mutations. Just know that she's gorgeous, and teeny-tiny, and a spitfire, and such a lovely vessel for the Lord.
6. After the Saturday morning session, the Siesta Bloggers got to enjoy a special Q & A time with all of the Moore Girls. And they are just as lovely and spirited and funny and passionate about God's Holy Word as their sweet mama.
7. Siesta Bloggers at the Siesta Fiesta:
8. See the cute lady with the big handbag? (Click the picture to enlarge it) That's THE BooMama. I know. She and BigMama were both there, along with all my other favorite bloggers. And they're just as funny in person. Hysterical. But that may have been due to sleep deprivation! No, I didn't meet them. Because I'm a GIANT DORK and I couldn't think of anything to say. I'm SO not good at social things! But just so you know, they were there! I did get to meet Amy Beth (Ministry So Fabulous). And I smiled at Cindy (Still His Girl). Still, it was a treat just to be around all these wonderful, godly women. I have been ministered to so much by their blog testimonies and the way they readily share their faith with wit and humor and grace. Maybe NEXT LPL I'll actually say hello!
9. Because I am, again, a GIANT DORK, I didn't remember to sign up for the Siesta Pajama Party, so I missed out on a wonderful opportunity to get to know the Siestas better. But the ladies who coordinated Siesta Fiesta (Pam & Kim) did a wonderful job. Hope I get to be part of another one someday! Well done, ladies.
10. And The Lone Star definitely showed up. I mean. Our Mighty God filled up the place with His Presence. And He sure did have a Word for us. For me. I can't wait to share it with you. Tomorrow, dear ones. Stay tuned.
Friday, August 22, 2008
Bad blogger. Bad, bad blogger. I have several months of cool stuff to write about, but I haven't been in the mood to write! I clean missed my blogiversary, and since I've put off blogging for a couple of months, I decided to work on a 100th-post post. Here's everything you never cared about knowing! My 100 things about me post.
- I didn’t get married until I was 32.
- I’ve always wanted to be a wife and a mother.
- I married my high school sweetheart.
- We started dating again after a 14 year hiatus.
- We went to the same college.
- He broke up with me a week after I started there.
- We do not have any children (at the time of this posting).
- But we are planning to adopt.
- I’m a creative person.
- Which, for me, equates to being a messy person.
- I have one brother.
- He has triplet boys.
- My brother is a redhead.
- He builds cool stuff.
- One of his sons is a redhead.
- My mother is a redhead.
- My dog is a redhead.
- I am a redhead.
- I don’t tan. I freckle. :P
- This fact used to embarass me.
- I used Q-T tan through high school.
- I was very orange.
- Now I'm just lily-white.
- I drive a 16 year old car.
- We paid cash for it (in 2003).
- It is a Lexus.
- We bought it at auction and have had minimal repairs on it.
- I have a degree in music education with a choral/vocal emphasis.
- I have taught elementary music and middle school choir.
- Now I work for our worship pastor and our discipleship pastor at our church.
- I plan to be a homemaker and homeschooling mama when we adopt.
- If I had it to do again, I would major in art.
- I have a Himalayan kitty who is as old as my car.
- She shares a birthday with my husband.
- She is the sweetest kitty I’ve ever known.
- But she has an incontinence problem.
- That’s why we have cement floors in our house.
- But I love the cement floors. They’re so easy to clean.
- I can kinda play piano (not well). I took lessons for 8 years, then took more in college. I still don’t play well.
- I have small hands.
- I played flute in junior high. (I was ok).
- I played cello in 6th grade. (I was terrible).
- I sang in choir…finally found my niche.
- I used to play jaw harp for my elementary school students.
- I also play nose flute. I know. Gross.
- My high school choir played kazoos as a “kazoo band” in our homecoming parade.
- My college (Baylor University) is believed to have the largest homecoming parade in the nation.
- I never played kazoo in that parade.
- I am teaching myself Photoshop.
- I have learned a lot from online Photoshop tutorials.
- I have a lot more to learn.
- My husband was valedictorian of his high school.
- He’s very smart.
- I did well in high school, but not that well.
- My husband was on the dean’s list in college. Again, very smart.
- I did well in college, but not that well.
- I got a D in Bowling.
- Yes, I took Bowling in college.
- Because the Hiking & Backpacking class got cancelled.
- And I got an A on my Bowling written tests.
- I like bowling with bumpers.
- I like hiking.
- I have never been backpacking.
- July 21st was my 1-year blogiversary. I celebrated it by not posting.
- I grew up a few miles from Mexico.
- Hablo un poco español.
- We had a Mexican-themed Rehearsal and Rehearsal Dinner for our wedding.
- We had an Autumn-themed wedding.
- We got married in November of 2001.
- I love the San Antonio Spurs.
- This spring we were invited to a Spurs game.
- Our friends have seats right behind the announcers - on the 2nd row!
- We sat right behind Tim Duncan's wife!
- It was awesome. Even though the Spurs lost. :(
- I'm also a Dallas Cowboys fan.
- My favorite color is blue.
- I love flowers and making arrangements with natural elements.
- I love to decorate for parties & events.
- I am getting better at sewing.
- But I'm not so good with patterns!
- It's like math.
- I have dabbled in scrapbooking, stamping, jewelry-making, sculpey clay, and assorted other crafts.
- I would like to learn to knit or crochet.
- And quilt.
- I have broken both arms.
- And sprained an ankle or two.
- I'm just a tad clumsy.
- I love antiques.
- My family used to own a gifts & antiques store.
- I loved it.
- I would love to do something like that again sometime.
- It was a very fun job.
- Except for working on Saturdays.
- I love thunderstorms.
- And cold days.
- And snow.
- As long as I don't have to drive in it.
- I'm almost to 100.
- I need to blog more!