Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Roasted Peeps - A springy treat!


S'more Peeps!
Originally uploaded by Rory Finneren
Last week, Brian & I were watching some Discovery/History/Food Network show...can't remember which, about the making of Peeps.
I am not a big fan of the peeps, in general. They're cute and all, but just kind of ...eww.

But on that show, they mentioned a culinary sensation that is sweeping the nation: Roasted Peeps! (Seriously, Google it and see how popular they are!) So I purchased a little package of Peeps and stuck some on a skewer and held them over the grill while Brian was grilling chicken. Ever helpful, am I. Brian wouldn't touch them...he doesn't like marshmallows under the best of circumstances. But I have to tell you, those little chickies were DELISH. The sugar on the peep caramelizes over the marshmallow part. SO good! So go pick up a package and fire up the grill, the fireplace, fire pit, candle, etc. and give those Peeps a roastin'. Yummo. Oh...and be sure to save one to microwave on a paper plate. It's very entertaining (though it's not so tasty)!

1 comment:

JessieLeigh said...

Oh my gosh, that's a riot! I will absolutely have to give this a shot. My hubby's pretty adventurous... he'll be game. ;) I host Easter at my house every year; this may have to become a new tradition!