Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Delicious No Calorie Cookies!

Yeah, right! I baked and baked last night, because I was going to participate in a cookie exchange today. I liked all 3 of the new recipes I tried, though one was a clear favorite. I thought I'd share the recipes with you...no calories included! All 3 of these recipes came from Better Homes & Gardens' 100 Days of Holidays email series. Incidentally, if you haven't already signed up for this email series, you should. They put it out every year and it includes tips for Halloween - New Years. They have recipes, decorations, gifts, etc. Really a great resource.

First up are Cran Crackle Bars (click for .pdf recipe) - sort of a trail mix in a bar. They're yummy, but not for denture-wearers (sorry, Dad!). They're also a little crumbly, so don't eat them in bed!

Cran Crackle Bars


Next up are Cappuccino Love Bites. They're called Love Bites because they have Hershey's kisses, or hugs, on top. They're called Cappuccino Love Bites because they have instant coffee crystals in them. These are yummy, but if you don't like coffee, you won't like these. They have a fairly strong coffee taste...and they might keep you up all night!

Cappuccino Love Bites


And I've saved the best for last. These little beauties are White Chocolate Cherry Shortbread. The dough is absolutely DELICIOUS (and no raw eggs, so safe to eat!). It took all my will-power not to eat the whole bowl of dough! I will say that these were the most labor-intensive of the 3 recipes, but they're so yummy, it was worth it! They were a big hit at the cookie exchange, too. Try 'em, you'll like 'em!

White Chocolate Cherry Shortbread

No comments: