Friday, January 18, 2008

Another Birthday in the Bag


purse2
Originally uploaded by thingspondered
No, it's not for my Dad! I whipped this little cutie up for a co-worker. I gave her this bag and a purse hook. I tried a new shape this time. I should have clipped back the top corners, but I didn't realize that until it was finished, and it was late, so I just folded them in. They're stiff enough that they stay. That's what I get for not working from a pattern. I'm very creative-free-spirit-fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants when it comes to sewing. When it comes to most crafting, for that matter. Some might call it careless haphazard artistic. What results is one-of-a-kind, if somewhat less than perfect! Anyway, if I wouldn't be ashamed to carry it, then I figure it's good for a gift. Just being real here! Here's the inside fabric:
purse3
Yeah, an interior pocket would've been nice, but not at midnight!

2 comments:

Real Life Sarah said...

What a cute bag!! Thanks for stopping by!

Katy said...

That bag is really cute! :) I love it! You did a great job! Thanks so much for the comment on my blog! You gave some great ideas! I love Monica's blog as well! :)
Your blog is really cute! i love it! :)