Monday, January 7, 2008

A Midwinter's Makeover

Warning: Geeky Post to follow! (Or should I say "newbie-geeky post"?) I've been experimenting with a new template. LA at Freckled Nest just switched over to a 3-column template and I liked the results, so I set out to see if I could get me one of them there 3-column doo-dads. Somewhere along the way, I went redneck, apparently! Anyhoo, I moseyed on over to Tips for New Bloggers (being as I am one) and found the instructions for how to edit my template. 'Course, I had already edited it with my winter design, so I had to play around with the instructions a bit, but I'm liking the new layout. Whaddaya think?

Incidentally, that little snowman in my header was from the freak Texas Christmas snowstorm of 2004. We were home at my parents' house in the Rio Grande Valley, where no measurable snowfall had ever been recorded, let alone at Christmas! I think McAllen received 3" or so. We had a great time playing in it, and then we created this tiny little snowman. To give you perspective, that's about a 1" acorn on his head. He's sitting on top of my parents' mailbox. Later in the day, we noticed this guy:
Rio Grande Valley Snowman
Yes, he's on top of a car! He was probably 5 feet tall! The next day, he was bowing, then I guess he boarded that refrigerated boxcar and headed to the North Pole: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmuJDmjq-xQ (about 2 minutes in). This Christmas it was in the 70's, which is about normal. :::Sigh::: At least it feels like winter on my blog!

5 comments:

Leigh-Ann said...

looks great Tamara! good job :)

~Babychaser~ said...

I like the look. I've been very happy with the 3 column layout on my blog too. :) Just seems there's more space for stuff and less wasted space on the sides. :)

Thanks for your tip yesterday! I'm soooo excited to do some of that cooking like she's doing. Ah... how nice it is to have people encouraging you and helping you along!

kari and kijsa said...

Great job! Funny- we were discussing this just the other day!! You were reading our minds! Thanks so much for sharing.. we are hopping over to learn more!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

ohAmanda said...

I love that little snowman. I'm impressed you did it all on your own!

Tamara said...

Thank you, everyone! I've already been working on my February design! Can't wait to upload it! Thanks for the encouraging words!