Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy Birthday to the "Meanest Mommy in Town"!

Mom & Dad

Today is my mom's birthday. She is an amazing woman, and a treasure. She is known for her encouraging spirit, beautiful smile, artistic talents and sense of humor. From her, I gained a love of books, crafting, and teaching. She has been my cheerleader, prayer warrior, tear-drier, and creative cohort.

When we were children and we asked her why we couldn't have or do something, she always replied "Because I'm the meanest mommy in town." We knew better. Still do. My family has been blessed by her tender love and care.

She is clothed with strength and dignity;she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom,and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Proverbs 31:25-29

Happy Birthday, Mom...I love you.

1 comment:

Katy said...

Aww, happy birthday to your mom!!! :) And congratulations on winning the book from Monica!!! That is awesome!!! Have a wonderful week!! :)