Monday, October 27, 2008

Late-Night Purse Projects (and patterns!)

Here are a few purses I've recently made for gifts. This first one combined 2 fabric remnants that I love, but the purse came out a little too small.
Candy purse1
The pattern/tutorial is here.
I think it's cute, but the combination of the size and the fabric made it look a little to young for the friend I was making it for. I toyed with giving it to her anyway, because it was late, but finally decided to save it in my gift closet until I need a gift for a teenager. It is quite simple, but I complicated things by lining it and by adding a bottom panel.

At 10:30 pm the same night, I decided to have another go at the purse for my friend (her birthday was the next day...way to plan ahead!). I pulled out some more remnants that I'd been saving for a special project and here's what I ended up with:

MH purse6

MH purse4

I LOVE the way this purse came out. I wanted to keep it! Love the pleats. This is still based on the pattern from above, and it also has lining and an added bottom panel.

Here are a couple of other purses that I made in the early summer. This is the simplest pattern/tutorial. They come together SO quickly. I especially like the brown one.

brown purse

black purse

2 comments:

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

So, so cute! I can't believe those were last minute. I don't have a lick of talent like that! Have you ever done a giveaway?

Tamara said...

Thanks so much, Cindy! I haven't done a giveaway yet, and I need to...but I'm so last-minute that I never have anything extra sitting around...just the gifts that I have to make! However, I do have that little stripey purse leftover...so maybe a giveaway is in order. You'd stand a good chance...I don't have too many readers! Maybe later this week....