Monday, October 8, 2007

Awesome Autumn Pumpkin Bread


vintage pumpkin patch Originally uploaded by thingspondered

OK...I know I promised 2 recipes, and I promised that I'd post them over the weekend. Well, I was busy being creative and I forgot. You'll forgive me, won't you? Especially if I give you the recipe for The. Best. Pumpkin. Bread. Ever.? Well, here it is!

A former coworker shared this recipe with me. She used to bring it to our office in the fall.

Nancy's Pumpkin Bread

  • 3 c sugar
  • 1 c Crisco oil
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 1 1-lb can pumpkin
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp cloves
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 3 1/2 c flour
  • 2/3 c water
  • 1 c raisins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease pans. Combine sugar & oil. Add beaten eggs & pumpkin. Sift dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture with water. Add raisins. Pour into greased pans & bake for about 1 hour, until done. Use either 2 5x9 loaf pans or 5 mini loaf pans.

Now, I am not a big fan of raisins, but they are perfect in this. You could also add toasted walnuts or pecans. Or leave them all out...if you want to be boring about it. Just make the bread. You'll thank me for it! And since it's so easy that you'll want to make extras, your neighbors will thank me for it, too!

No comments: