Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Who's the Boss?

Does that title date me, or what?


front of folder
Originally uploaded by thingspondered

So yesterday was Boss's Day, but at our office we were already having a big October birthday shindig, so we "postponed" Boss's Day until today.

We'd recently sampled a DELICIOUS Mocha Punch recipe, courtesy of our pastor's wife, so we decided to go with a coffee break theme. We had the Mocha Punch with cookies, and gave our bosses Starbucks gift cards in these little gift card folders. This one is one that I messed up - the scored lines are crooked - so I kept it as a sample. I cut them out of a regular size manilla folder, and added score lines with my paper trimmer/scorer. I made the coffee stain by coloring on the lid of my Stampin' Up marker, then I filled it in with a lighter color. I tied each folder to an individually wrapped biscotti.

On the inside of the card, I included a post-it with the "To Do" list for the day.

inside of folder

Our executive pastor (in charge of personnel) got an extra note on his. Our children's minister (a woman) got a "girly" bow. Here is the whole set of them:
folders with biscotti

Everyone enjoyed the coffee break! And, dear reader, here is a link to the recipe for the Mocha Punch, so you can enjoy a break too! It tastes very much like a Starbucks Mocha Frappucino, but you get a lot more "bang for your buck", as this serves 20 or more. You should be able to buy all the ingredients for under $12.


No comments: