Thursday, February 14, 2008

Unfailing Love

Happy Valentine's Day, y'all!

I wanted to share a special valentine thought with you. I just got this Breaking Free Day By Day devotion book (based on Beth Moore's Breaking Free Bible Study), and here's today's entry:

Though the mountains move and the hills shake, My love will not be removed from you. Isaiah 54:10

Valentine's

The Word of God uses the phrase "unfailing love" thirty-two times, and not once is it attributed to humans. Every single use of the phrase refers to God and God alone. Although the love of others can be rich and meaningful, only God's love is unfailing.

He is not only the answer to a thousand needs but a thousand wants. He is our chief desire in all of life. Oh, God, awaken our souls to see - You are what we want, not just what we need. Yes, our life's protection, but also our heart's affection. Yes, our soul's salvation, but also our heart's exhilaration. Unfailing love -- a love that will not let us go!


Now...be blessed today, and know that you are loved!

Valentine's

I'm grateful today for my sweet husband. See the pretty flowers he brought me? I love you, Brian!

No comments: