Tuesday, May 13, 2008

American Idol - Top 3

Taking a page from Cindy, I'm going to attempt to keep my comments short & sweet. Let's see...3 words, a quote (possibly paraphrased), and a summation. It won't be as funny as Cindy, but hopefully it will at least be brief...er. My pick for each round will be in red.

David Archuleta - And So It Goes (Paula's choice) - Sweet. Simple. Squinty. "In it to win it." Nice choice. Not stunning, but, well, sweet.

Syesha Mercado - If I Ain't Got You (Randy's choice) - Sparkly. Smiley. So-not-Alicia. "Peaking late in the competition." I know she loved the choice, but I agree with Simon, I wish she'd had the opportunity to sing something less identifiable with a star.

David Cook - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (Simon's choice) - Sultry. Stunning. Stellar. "My second favorite person who sings it." I loved this one. LOVED it. LOVED IT!!! Perfect choice, Simon. Was that his mama standing in the audience? It was. Oh. How. Sweet.

David Archuleta - With You (David's choice) - Weird. Weak. Wobbly (dancing). "A chihuahua trying to be a tiger." The girls loved it. I didn't.

Syesha Mercado - Fever (Syesha's choice) - Eyebrows. Theatrical. Old-fashioned. (Had to give up the alliteration.) "I think you're going to regret that tomorrow." Fun, for a musical review or cabaret show. Not Top 40 radio material.

David Cook - I Dare You to Move (David's choice) - Pitchy. Under-energized. Semi-cool. "I wanted more." Not his best, but the best of this round.

David Archuleta - Longer (Producer's choice) - Pretty. Predictable. Put-together (wardrobe). "You could sing the phone book." And "It was so gooey." Gorgeous, gooey vocals.

Syesha Mercado - Hit Me Up (Producer's choice) - Sassy. Sequiny. Slippery (pitches). "It's a song about penguins." Last week was better...maybe she peaked too late.

David Cook - I Don't Want to Miss a Thing (Producer's choice) - Stringy. Silky. Superb. "This is where the beginning, the middle, and the end is." And "See ya in the finals." 'Nuff said.

David Cook wins the night. Simon Says. I do to. You go, boy!

Now, for the love of all things funny, please go see BooMama's review!